Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"Twenty-eleven" just sounds weird. I'm not sure what to make of it and I didn't make any lofty New Year's resolutions, just to be as nice and happy as possible =) Sounds simple, right?

On a more crafty note, I have Finn's big 1st birthday party coming up Saturday and could not be more excited about it! I made one thing that I ordered online for all the kiddies, but it looks like it won't come on time and I am all sorts of sad about that.  Harassing customer service via email to see about getting some sort of credit.  There goes my first resolution of the new year, shucks! I also have some other cute stuff I am making on top of attempting my very own fondant cake.  I watched plenty of DIY videos on the world wide web about it, so let's pray I don't end up at Busken ordering one at the last minute.  Pictures on all of that to come after the fact!

My first "business" project of 2011 was inspired by garnet, the January birthstone.  My birthday is the 24th!! I have always hated garnet, because it looks like some horrible brownish stone and is boring.  BUT! I bought a garnet/brick colored felt that has some hints of black running through it and have been DYING to make a necklace with a chain.  Turns out all I had to do was cut a preexisting chain with needle nose pliers and then do what I always do with my roses and attach them to both sides.  I also made a pair of matching earrings, after a previous customer thought of the idea for a necklace she bought, too! Enjoy =) I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment